Three tryout sessions for prospective players in 8th & 9th grade NOT previously in the program will be held Monday, March 15th, Wednesday March 17th, and Thursday, March 18th from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. at the Maple Grove Dome. Note that you MUST be registered in order to tryout.
Starting Monday, March 22nd, Thursday, March 25th & Friday March 26th all returning program players that have completed a prior season will be involved in a "gloves only" arm conditioning practices at the dome from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Official baseball tryouts for all levels begin on Monday, March 29th. The weather will dictate if practice is inside or outside. Our tentative practice location & time will be:
Maple Grove Dome adjacent to MGSH.
Returning Sophomores, Juniors, & Seniors will try-out from 8 -10 a.m.
All Freshman & Eighth graders try-out from 10 a.m. - 12 noon
Please note that tryouts begin over Spring break starting Monday, March 29th - Thursday, April 1st. Expectations are that all players will attend all practices, including those over Spring break. Players missing practice due to family vacation over Spring break will be allowed a three-day tryout window upon return. Game time reduction at coach's discretion will apply to those missing practice time.
There will be four Crimson baseball teams: Varsity, JV, B, and 9th grade
Approximately 56 players will be selected to fill these teams.
Cuts will begin after the 3rd practice session and continue until the selection process is completed.
What to bring:
Combination lock in order to lock valuables in the athletic locker room
Tennis shoes for indoor practice
Sweatpants/baseball pants for sliding & a long sleeve shirt with LAST NAME taped on back
Sweatshirt and jacket for indoor/outdoor practice
Baseball glove & bat ***put your name on them
A protective cup
A great attitude, a desire to learn, and a willingness to do the little things right
All eligibility forms and participation fees are to be completed before Friday, March 12th. Register online via https://crimson-activities.com/
Under the MORE tab is the SmartSchoolK12 registration link and information. Please note the registration link will open on Monday, March 8th
• Athletes must be registered and cleared BEFORE the season / try-outs begin.
• A copy of current physical (3 years current) must be provided or on file in the
• 8th grade athletes are required to participate in the high school boundary area in which they currently live.
Should you have further questions please contact Coach Carlson at email@example.com or the MGSH Athletics/Activities Office.
Gear up before tryouts in March. Maple Grove Baseball Store will open 2/1- 2/11
Your orders will arrive well in time for the start of the season.
21MGBB21 is the access code.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times over the nose and mouth.
- Players and volunteers must not enter the dome prior to our 8:00 time slot. Spectators will not be allowed.
- There will be no gathering in the lobby.
- Restrooms are available. The drinking fountain will not be operational.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- Players will be broken into pods based on positions. There will be a maximum of 15 in each pod.
- Temperatures will not be checked on site. Check prior to attending.
- Please do not attend if you are experiencing the following symptoms
Optional Sunday workouts in the dome will start on January 10th from 8 - 9 p.m. and run through March 7th with no workouts on Feb 7th. The workouts are open to all returning players and new players planning on trying out for the Crimson Baseball program this year. The cost of the workouts is $100, which will be collected at the first session.
Please complete player information on the form below and also feel free to sign up for open volunteer slots: